Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Blog to Nowhere

"We need a plan."- Bylund family quote

I was considering what I want to do with my blog here, and among the occasional rantings, happenings, and comments on everyday life, I do want it to be a bit more. I'd like to actually document stuff. You know, almost like a journal.

At first, I was resistant to this idea. I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable with having such a mixture all in one blog: some funny tidbits offset by long, drawn-out reminiscences of past items I want to dwell on (or at least capture). I considered possibly starting another, separate blog for such journal entries- more accurately I guess I'm still considering it.

However, I'm reluctant to start a second blog. First and foremost, because I'm a bit lazy and don't want to feel like there's added pressure to have to keep up with two blogs. Secondly, perhaps there is some benefit to a good mixture of stuff- I mean, that's much like real life, right? For better or for worse, richer or poorer, with or without cheese. You get the idea.

I guess it really comes to this: if someone were to dig up an archive of my blog 50 years from now, what would I want them to be able to read?

My thought is to just incorporate it all into this current blog. But to do so, I need a plan. Here's what I'm thinking:

I want to post at least 3 times a week, regardless of topic or length of article. Do more if I have time and desire.

I also have several ideas for upcoming posts. I dug through some of my old papers and items my mom saved for me- including old newspaper clippings, report cards and transcripts, and other various items. I want to try to incorporate these in, just because it might be kind of fun. Some topics will include: what I remember from my early years, elementary school life, my acting "career", the Duck, high school days, college thoughts, marital life, and others. Not to mention more Weird Lincoln Tales, Haiku Movie Reviews (if I ever get to watch more movies), and the occasional report on the darling boys of my life.

And lots of bad jokes. Promise.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Can I request a video performance of the Duck? Since I've never seen the live show... :)