Well, I guess those are two things I haven't been doing. I can't even remember what song it's from, or who sang it. The Statler Brothers? Maybe?
Well, I'd apologize for not writing, but I doubt anyone's reading. I should write more often, if nothing else, just to purge my mind of the excess drivel that lives there.
One of the things I want to write about is just an expression of thanks in general to no one in particular for my wife. If nothing else, to serve as a reminder to myself how lucky I am to have her.
She really epitomizes the "Super Woman". She works hard at her job, and does incredibly well at it. Yet, she also works hard at home, giving so much to all of us. Spending time with the boys, doing household chores, finances, and really always seems to hold our little family together. The boys revere her in a way that I'm often jealous of. I'm just the goofy dad who sometimes turns disciplinarian. But the boys love her in a way that is so deep, so profound, so...completely. I guess that's the way I feel about her too.
Often I feel like the second rate parent in the house, but I really try not to let that bother me too much. I know I try hard to be a good dad. She makes it look effortless at times, even though I know it isn't. She's so amazingly selfless. I have a hard time suppressing my own selfish urges, whether it's just some time for myself, wanting to read or watch TV instead of doing things I know I should (like washing the dishes, cleaning the turtle tank, or whatever).
But I'm not here to list all my own faults. I'm just trying to express my own sense of awe, and humble thanks. She is the love of my life, and I'm just fortunate to be loved by her as well.
Latest from the New Blog at AriseFromtheDust.com
4 years ago
3 comments:
Hey, I'm reading! I'm so happy to see a new post here. Maybe your spousie and my spousie have the same gene pool, b/c I always feel like the dysfunctional member of the family at our house. Parenting seems to come so naturally for Dan. I, too, want my selfish time, and I can be so immature about it. I want to check my email and blog and go to the bathroom by myself, and stuff. But I am happy to say that I think my 8 1/2 years of parenting are finally starting to sink in, and I feel like I'm improving a bit. Welcome back to the blogging world. You're inspiring me to update my blog, too.
I think going to the bathroom by yourself is one of those "inalienable rights" they talked about in the constitution. I'm pretty sure that's a point where we're all allowed to draw the line. :)
Good luck with all your blogs!
Well, Dan and I were raised by mothers who were sisters...and now that you mention it, I don't remember my mom ever going to the bathroom by herself.....
Post a Comment