Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good fortune?

Not too long ago, I had Chinese food. Invariably, with Chinese food comes on of my personal favorites, the fortune cookie. I like the cookies, and am too easily amused by the fortunes within. This time, mine read:

"Your success will astonish everyone."

Now...is that good?

My reactions (in chronological order):
  • "What? Is everyone expecting me to fail?"
  • "Why will everyone be so surprised by my success?"
  • "Am I an overachiever?"
  • "Well, at least I'm successful. And I do like surprising people."
  • "Is there another cookie?"

1 comment:

jennybhill said...

Did you ever have a fortune cookie predict your ESPNZone successes??

When Aaron and I were engaged we ate with some friends at a Thai place. The fortune in my cookie said, "Stop searching forever. Happiness is right next to you." (And yes, I was sitting next to Aaron.)
I'm