It's not a terrible thing. We did get to celebrate with a very nice date on Tuesday night while our children were nearly 2,000 miles away. So, it's not like it was forgotten or anything.
However, with the boys spending time with me for a week, and now being on my own in NJ, I have had plenty of time to realize and contemplate what a great partnership and marriage we do have.
There were times last week when I realized that being a parent is meant to be a job for two. And I was so grateful to know that Carma is my better parenting half (even if she wasn't there at the time). I love our children dearly and would do anything for them, but sometimes I need help. I need her perspective. Her balance. She makes me a much better parent.
She's also always there (if not always nearby) for me when I need her too. My confidant. My sounding board. My safety net. My solace and shelter. My inspiration. My love.
Without Carma, I don't know where or what I would be. But I know it wouldn't be as good.
Thanks for 9 years, honey. I love you, and look forward to many, many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment