There are few areas (if any, really) that I am considered trendy, hip, or current. Heck, I'm usually too late to even be passe in most things. But sometimes, there's advantages to that.
Well, one of my "new finds" is...LOST. I can hear your groans now. "Oh, I've been telling everyone how good that show is for years.", etc. Yeah, yeah. I know.
But in my own defense, it seems like every time there's something supposedly so cool and so new that everyone has to see it/try it/buy it, it's often very disappointing to me (exception: the iPhone). So, I'm not usually one who gets caught up in all the hoopla of the "next new thing". The nice thing about that is that I'm allowed to watch the show and enjoy it on it's own merits, instead of being bombarded and overwhelmed by the experience.
So, anyway, I am really enjoying Lost, despite watching the first couple of episodes while on an airplane. I'm hoping Carma gets into it too, so we can enjoy it together. The one big advantage of discovering it now is that we can watch all the episodes online. Also, there's that waiting a week for the cliffhanger to be resolved thing that we don't have to deal with.
It reminds me of when we got all caught up in "24" before (and after) Nico was born. We'd get the DVDs and watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time (which seems laughably impossible to do now). But when we finally caught up and were able to watch Season 6 live...it really kind of stunk. Well, that season wasn't very good though, so maybe it'll be different this year.
This year was also the first time I ever watched American Idol, which I know was all the rage before. It was fun and enjoyable, but we'll see if I do it again. The strike really did impact viewing habits in our home. (Not as much as DVR though!) This fall will really be interesting though, as now I'm catching up on things. I'm going to have too many shows to watch. I may have to prioritize and eliminate some.
Prospects: Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Battlestar Gallactica, Heroes, Lost, 24, American Idol
Yes, sadly I just can't devote 7 hours a week to watching TV. Well, there's always the DVR to record and catch up later. Worst case scenario is I wait and let all the hoopla settle down, and watch it on DVD or online in a couple of years if it still holds interest. I seem to enjoy that anyway.
Next up: Arrested Development
Latest from the New Blog at AriseFromtheDust.com
3 years ago
3 comments:
Add this to your list: http://www.hbo.com/thewire/
Also, this:
http://www.hbo.com/conchords/
I belong to the Church of Gaius.
Heretic! :)
I guess that's better than the Cylon God, right? Or are they the same?
Post a Comment